Playing Better BaseballBook - 1997
Teaching baseball fundamentals is difficult, but not nearly as tough as guiding players beyond a basic performance level. Veteran coach and player Rick Wolff, who worked his way up to the pro ranks on smarts and sweat, now shares insights he gleaned from playing and coaching thousands of games at every level of competition.
You'll find tips on:
- choosing and using equipment,
- conditioning the body and throwing arm,
- practicing pre-season, in-season, and off-season,
- developing offensive, defensive, and pitching skills,
- focusing, adjusting, and staying sharp mentally, and
- helping players showcase their skills.
Playing Better Baseball is the reference and instructional tool you'll wish you had when you started coaching. It's the perfect guide for helping players who want to perform at a higher level. Pass it along to your players to read or use it yourself to develop each athlete's full potential.
This book covers all the bases, from choosing the right bat to getting the most out of each at-bat. It's a great assistant coach to have at your side.